Facebook users have been given a way to show their support for Ukraine following the Russian invasion of the Eastern European country.
A Ukrainian flag can be placed on your profile picture on the platform, and it’s very easy to do.
This follows Russian troops closing in on Ukraine as sirens could be heard in major cities and families cowered in bunkers.
READ MORE: Some Facebook users have warned they could be blocked from their accounts
More than 150,000 Ukrainians have fled to Poland, Moldova and other neighboring countries, and the United Nations has warned the number could rise to four million if fighting escalates.
President Volodymyr Zelensky promised “We will fight as long as it takes to liberate our country”.
People around the world were keen to share their support for Ukraine, and on Facebook many updated their profile pictures to show their solidarity, Bristol Live reports.
Here are some simple steps on how you can update your Facebook profile picture to include a Ukrainian flag overlay.
How to Add a Ukrainian Flag to Your Profile Picture
- Head to the profile-picture-frames Facebook feature page by clicking here
- Select the Ukrainian flag from the list of options. This can be done by typing Ukraine in the search field, or if your friends are already using this option, it may already appear at the top of the list.
- Adjust the positioning of your profile picture. You can zoom in for a closer crop if you like.
- Choose how long you want the overlay flag to last. You can vary it between an hour, a day, a week, etc., or keep it indefinitely.
- Click “Use as profile picture”
Receive newsletters with the latest news, sport and updates from ECHO Liverpool by signing up here