There is never a shortage of new features added to Facebook to improve the user experience. The company added various features, including new prompts before sharing articles, sound-based emojis, and Clubhouse-style live audio rooms earlier this year. And now Facebook has added a new “Add photos from your mobile device” button to its desktop platform. It allows users to select photos from their smartphone for uploading through the website.
This new Facebook feature is a nifty addition to the web platform. It lets you write an article on the desktop, which gives you a bigger canvas, while also letting you quickly add photos from your smartphone. So here is how to upload photos to the Facebook web platform from your mobile device:
How to Add Photos from Mobile to Facebook Web (2021)
Before moving on to the steps of uploading photos from your mobile device to desktop, it should be mentioned that the Facebook app on your mobile device should be up to date. So make sure to update the app from the Google Play Store or the App Store before proceeding. Additionally, you must be logged in to the same Facebook account on your mobile and website to use the feature.
Now with that out of the way, here are the steps to add photos from mobile device to Facebook’s web platform.
1. Open Facebook in your favorite browser on your computer and log into your account.
2. From the home stream, click on the “Photo / Video” button under the heading “What do you have in mind?” »Job creation text box at the top.
3. The “Create an article” pop-up window will open on your screen. Here you will find a new “Add photos from your mobile device” option, located just below the “Add photos / videos” option on Facebook.
4. Now, to upload photos to Facebook website from your mobile device, click “Add” button.
5. Now go to your smartphone and open the Facebook app. Go to the “Notifications” tab on the bottom navigation bar. You will find a new notification stating that “You can continue to add photos to your message”.
6. Tap the notification to display the photo selection page in the Facebook mobile app. Select the images you want to download and press the “Done” button at the top right. After that, hit the “Done” button next to the “Add more photos” button on the next page to make all those photos available on the web platform.
7. You will now see the photos selected on your mobile device appear immediately in your post on the Facebook website. Add a caption and click the “Post” button to share your photos on the social media platform.
In this way, you can easily share photos and videos available on your smartphone through the Facebook desktop website. Plus, you can add more photos to the post from your smartphone, even after you’ve selected the first ones.
Upload mobile photos to Facebook website posts
It is more or less that ! This is a pretty cool feature that could come in handy for many users like me who like to store photos and videos on a smartphone rather than transferring them to a desktop or laptop. The feature is currently available on the Facebook web client as well as the mobile app. So, give it a try by following the steps above and give us your feedback in the comments below.