People harass you on Facebook because it’s their favorite hobby. There are also some who like to see who has visited their Facebook profile in order to strengthen their ego or protect themselves from harm. Everyone appreciates the possibility of regulating the confidentiality of their Facebook account and profile. Is it possible to identify the stalkers? How do you know who has viewed your Facebook page?
This feature was previously unavailable on Facebook. However, following the Cambridge Analytica incident and acquisitions related to data theft and user privacy concerns, Facebook now lets users know who has viewed their profile.
Follow these simple steps to find out who viewed your profile:
- Visit Facebook.com to access your Facebook account on the web (using any browser). Right click anywhere on your Facebook page or calendar once you get there.
- To view your Facebook source, go to the “View page source” option. When the source of the page appears, press “CTRL + F” to display the search bar, which is used to search for information.
- Now in the search bar type in “BUDDY ID” and hit the enter key. After that you will be taken to a website where you will be given lots of Facebook profile IDs in addition to “BUDDY ID”.
- You will need to copy one of the credentials, open a new tab and enter “Facebook.com/15 digit identifier”. It will show the profile of the person who visited your profile.
On iOS, how do I know who has viewed my Facebook profile?
- Go to your Facebook account and log in.
- Click on (3 links) the main drop-down menu
- To get started, go to Privacy Shortcuts.
- Select “Who viewed my profile”.
Because this is a new feature, if these procedures don’t work for you, you can use some iOS apps like “Social Fans”, which will let you see who is viewing your Facebook page.
You can get this software for all iOS devices from the iTunes Store, then follow the steps above to check who viewed your Facebook page on mobile.
How do you know who viewed your Facebook page on a desktop computer?
Seeing your Facebook visitors on the desktop takes a little longer than on mobile.
- Using any browser on your computer, go to your Facebook profile timeline page.
- Right-click anywhere on the page after it loads.
- Select Show Page Source (or press or hold CTRL + U to launch a new page source tab).
- To open the search box on the new tab that includes the source HTML codes, use CTRL + F. (Mac users, press Command + F.) See illustration below.
- Copy and paste BUDDY ID into the search box, then press Enter.
- You will see a list of people who have viewed your profile, along with their profile IDs.
- Now copy any Profile ID (15 digit number) and paste it into Facebook.com (for example, facebook.com/100011552976455), then press Enter. (Delete -2 then each ID.)
- The person who viewed your Facebook profile is displayed in the result.
- Please make sure you are logged in when you complete the task.
Is there an extension to see who viewed my Facebook profile?
You can easily check your Facebook profile visits by installing and adding a Chrome extension.
- Go to the Extensions page for social profiles.
- Select “Add to Chrome” from the drop-down menu.
- Once the download is complete, click the Add extension button.
- Your Chrome browser will be updated with the plugin.
- Then, using the same browser, go to www.facebook.com and log into your account.
- With a time bar, you can see your Facebook profile.
- A “visitor” option is available.
- This is the name of the person who viewed your profile.