Facebook is increasingly plagued by misinformation and harassment, as well as other forms of unfair activity. There are times when people want to stay away from the social media platform because they are wary of potential stalkers who might be lurking on their profile.
With this, it’s always best to secure your account and make sure that only a few friends can see it. This way you can limit the visibility of your message and information to the person you know.
Whether you’re a web or mobile user, here’s a quick guide on how to lock your Facebook profile.
What to expect on a locked Facebook profile
(Photo: Timothy Hales Bennett of Unsplash)
Here is a simple guide on how to lock your profile on Facebook.
According to a How to Geek article, here’s what will happen when you limit accessibility to your profile. First, other people can see your cover photo and profile, but not in full size. Your friends are the only ones who can see it in large format.
Second, public posts you share will be set to “Friends” from “Public”. In this way, the possible intruders could not be updated on your daily life. This would protect you from potential spying incidents on the platform.
Also, Facebook will not display all of your account details. Some sections will not be visible to the public.
Other visitors cannot see your story. Tag review will also be disabled as part of its public limitation.
Related article: Facebook adds profile lock for Ukrainian users for privacy and security
How to Lock Your Facebook Profile on Desktop
- First, go to Facebook official website to start locking your profile.
- In the account section, go to the top right corner. Tap your name next to your display photo to access the profile page.
- From the profile page, you need to find the row of tabs just below your name.
- Tap the three dots next to “Edit profile”.
- Now that you’re in the menu, select Lock Profile.
- After that, click on the “Lock your profile” button below to confirm the changes.
- Press “OK” to close the lock profile window.
If you want to revert your locked profile back to the original, you can do so by simply tapping on the three-dot menu and going to the unlock profile.
How to Lock Your Facebook Profile on Mobile
For iPhone or Android users, here is what you need to follow:
- Open the FB application from your smartphone.
- Here you can see three horizontal lines.
- Now that you are on the menu screen, click on your profile.
- Tap the three-dot icon to access the Profile Settings page.
- Then click Lock Profile.
- Inside you will find another “Lock your profile” at the bottom. Press it.
For more helpful guides on app privacy and security, you can check out our previous report on how to stop people from searching for you on Twitter.
Read also : How to turn off message requests from people you don’t know and follow on Instagram
This article belongs to Tech Times
Written by Joseph Henry
ⓒ 2021 TECHTIMES.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.