One of the most widely used social media giants, Facebook offers several options for keeping track of privacy and security on its platform. One of the main options is your profile lock, which the tech giant introduced in May 2020. It was originally designed to ensure the safety of female users, but growing popularity has led to it being widely used by all. platform users. Also Read – Meta Adds New Features to Facebook and Instagram for Women’s Safety in India
The feature allows photo posts, profile pictures and cover photos, stories and new posts on a locked profile’s timeline to be displayed only to people on the friends list. In addition, “public” messages will no longer be public and will only be visible to your friends. Also Read – Facebook Now Allows More Cryptocurrency Ads Than Before; here’s why
No one will be able to stalk your Facebook profile as soon as you lock it. This will keep your personal information safe. You can lock your Facebook profile in two ways. You can do this from the mobile app or from your browser. However, the desktop version of Facebook does not have an option to lock the profile, but there is a trick that will allow you to lock it. Also Read – WhatsApp users on iPhone will be able to cancel status soon, report suggests
To vote for other categories, click here
How to lock a Facebook profile via a mobile app
- Open the Facebook app
- Click on your profile.
- Tap the three-dot menu icon next to “Add to Story”.
- Here you will see a Lock Profile option. Tap on it.
- On the next page you’ll find a brief description of how it works, and at the bottom there will be an option to lock your profile. Tap on it.
- You will see a pop-up window saying “You have locked your profile”, press OK.
How to Lock Facebook Profile Via Desktop
- Open Facebook on your browser
- Enter your registered email id and login
- Click on your profile
- Tap the three-dot menu icon after adding to story and editing profile
- The lock profile option will appear and tap on it.
- The next page will give you full information on how it works.
- Below which will appear the option to lock your profile, tap it.
- You will see a pop-up asking you to lock your profile. Now click on OK.