Facebook has more privacy features under the hood than it looks. Whether it’s removing access to the third-party app, removing non-activity activity, or enabling two-factor authentication for an extra layer of security, the social networking app has it all. a decent arsenal of privacy tools. Another notable privacy feature that many of you may not be familiar with is the ability to lock your Facebook profile. This prevents anyone (other than your Facebook friends) from viewing your personal information. If you don’t know how it works, let me show you how to lock your Facebook profile on iPhone, Android, or the web.
Lock Facebook Profile on iOS, Android and Desktop
Depending on your device, you can access the correct step in the table below:
What Happens When You Lock Your Facebook Profile?
The “Lock Profile” feature is designed to protect your personal information from people who are not your friends. Once this feature is enabled, a lock icon will appear on your profile, confirming that you have chosen to lock your profile. Visiting users will only see a limited number of details on your Facebook profile.
- When Profile Lock is on, only your friends are allowed to see photos and posts in your diary.
- Only your friends can see your full size profile photo and cover photo.
- People you’re not friends with will be allowed to view a maximum of five profile details.
- Only your friends will be able to see your stories.
- Any posts that you shared in the past with the public will become friends.
- Timeline review and tag review will be enabled.
- Only some of your About information will be visible to everyone on your profile.
Lock Facebook Profile on iPadOS / iOS and Android
- Open the Facebook application and go to your Facebook profile. Now tap the small three dots icon right next to your profile picture.
2. Then choose the ‘Lock profile ” option.
3. Now you should see an explanation of how Facebook Profile Lock works. Press on “Lock your profile” to confirm and secure your profile from curious users.
Customize privacy settings to secure your Facebook profile on the web
Unlike the mobile version, the web version of the social networking service does not offer an easy way to lock your Facebook profile. However, you do control who can see your posts, see what others are posting to your profile, control which posts you’re tagged with, and hide comments that contain certain words.
- Go to facebook.com on your computer and log into your account.
2. Now click on the menu icon (down arrow) in the upper right corner and choose ‘Settings and privacy ”.
3. Then click on Verification of confidentiality.
4. Under the “Privacy Control” tab, you can customize your Facebook privacy settings according to your needs.
Besides, you can also go to the Privacy Shortcuts section (Menu -> Privacy Shortcuts) to fine tune everything according to your needs. The “Lock profile” feature is limited to certain devices and countries at this time. It is not known when it will be available on the web. Until then, you can use the aforementioned method or the Facebook app to protect your profile from stalkers.
Lock down your Facebook profile to keep stalkers at bay
This is how you can lock your Facebook profile to prevent anyone from viewing your personal information. If you don’t want strangers or people you’re not friends with to find out what you’re doing, you should use the lock to protect your photos, videos, and other information you share. By the way, what do you think of this Facebook privacy feature? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below. Also, if you are not happy with the service, check out our favorite Facebook alternatives by clicking on the link.