- It’s easy to clear your Facebook search history, if it gets cluttered or if you just want to protect your privacy.
- Facebook allows you to clear your search history all at once, as well as remove individual search items.
- You can clear your Facebook search history on computer or mobile device with just a few clicks or taps.
- Visit the Business Insider homepage for more stories.
Facebook’s search feature tracks what you’ve been looking for recently, which is great for helping you return to pages you visit frequently. But at the end of the day, what – and who – you look for on Facebook is a private matter.
So if you’re about to hand your phone or computer to your friend and don’t want to risk them seeing who you’ve searched for, you might want to clear your Facebook search history first.
Fortunately, you can do this discreetly, with just a few clicks or taps from your Mac, PC, iPhone, or Android device. Here’s how.
Discover the products mentioned in this article:
iPhone 11 (from $ 699.99 at Best Buy)
Samsung Galaxy S10 (from $ 899.99 at Best Buy)
MacBook Pro (from $ 1,299.99 at Best Buy)
Lenovo IdeaPad 130 (from $ 299.99 at Best Buy)
How to Clear Facebook Search History on a Mobile Device
1. Open the Facebook app on your iPhone or Android device.
2. Tap the search icon at the top right of the screen.
3. Next to “Recent Searches”, tap “Edit.”
4. At the top of your activity log, tap “Clear Searches” to instantly clear your history. You can also tap the X icon next to each search item to clear that specific search and leave the rest.
How to Clear Facebook Search History on Computer
1. Access Facebook using any internet browser on your Mac or PC and open your profile page. On your profile page, in the lower right corner of your cover photo, click “Activity Log”.
2. Click “More” under “Comments” in the left sidebar.
3. In the extended menu, click on “Search History”.
4. At the top right of the menu, click on “Clear searches”. You can also click the cancel icon next to each search item to remove that item specifically.
5. Click “Clear searches” again to confirm that you want to clear all of them.