If versatility was the only metric to judge a social media app, Facebook would turn out to be a runaway winner by decimating all other rivals. Whether you want to watch funny short clips, play instant games, find a nice person to hang out with, market your products, or even listen to your favorite songs, Facebook can do it all. Speaking of songs, the social media app lets you add songs to your Facebook profile on iPhone and Android devices so you can stream them whenever you want while browsing your personalized feed or chatting with your friends. . That looks interesting? Let me show you how you can add or remove music from your Facebook profile.
How to Add or Remove Music from Facebook Profile on iOS and Android
Integrated with a huge library of songs, Facebook is fully equipped to cater to a variety of tastes. Once you’ve added songs, you can pin them to your profile, view the artist’s page, and even add them to your story. Moreover, if you ever find some songs that no longer match your interests, you can delete them as well. Keep in mind that the songs you add to the Facebook profile are public, so anyone can see your collection.
Add music to your Facebook profile
1. Run it Facebook app on your mobile device and press the profile picture in the upper left corner.
2. Scroll down a bit and press Music.
3. It’s time to search for your favorite song or artist. Once you find the song you are looking for, tap the Add a button. You can add as many songs to your profile as you want. So, scroll through the massive collection to choose all the songs you love to listen to.
To note: On your Android device, you will first need to tap the Add button in the top right corner to access the music library. (See left screenshot)
That is just about everything ! You have successfully added the song to your Facebook profile.
Listen to songs you’ve added to your Facebook profile
If you ever want to listen to the songs you added, all you have to do is go to the same music section and click on the song you want to listen to.
- Open Facebook app on your mobile device -> profile picture -> Music.
2. Now you should see the list of all songs you added to your profile. Simply tap the song you want to listen.
- If you want listen to the full song on Spotify, tap the song, then tap Play full song On the top corner left. Now select Spotify from the context menu that appears at the bottom.
Pin the song to your Facebook profile or delete unwanted songs
Besides letting you add songs to your profile, Facebook also lets you pin songs. And if you don’t like certain songs anymore, you can easily remove them from your profile.
1. Launch Facebook on your device -> profile picture -> Music.
2. Now press the three horizontal dots next to the song in question.
3. Finally, press Pin to profile or tap Remove song from profile to get rid of the song.
To note: In this very contextual menu, you will also be able to add the song to your story and view the artist page.
Add or remove songs on Facebook profile
This is how you can build a solid collection of all your favorite songs and catch up with them while using the social media app. As someone who loves listening to music, I find this feature a nice implementation. As we are talking about Facebook, I recommend you to check out the best tips and tricks for using Facebook Messenger and also enable two-factor authentication to add an extra layer of protection for the account. Anyway, what’s your opinion on this cool feature? Sound off in the comments below.