Facebook recommends that you change your password every six months to keep your account secure. The Silicon Valley giant lets you change your password at any time. Moreover, it also allows you to reset your password if you forget your account credentials. If you forgot your Facebook password, we’ll show you how to reset it in this article.
You definitely don’t want anyone accessing your Facebook account, so you need to set a strong password. If you have a weak password, we’ll show you a step-by-step guide on how to create a strong password. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to change your Facebook profile password on desktop and mobile.
Also Read: How to Lock Facebook Profile on Your Android or iOS App and Website
How to Change Facebook Password on Desktop
Follow the steps mentioned below to change your Facebook password on desktop through a web browser.
- Open https://www.facebook.com/ and locate the downward facing arrow in the upper right corner. Click on it to see the drop-down menu.
- Click on the option ‘Settings and privacy’ > ‘Settings’.
- You will see several options in the left menu, click on “Security and login” and scroll down to the login section on the page.
- Navigate to the “Change Password” option and click on Change. It will ask you to fill in your current and new password.
- Once completed, click save changes and your new password will be activated for your account.
Read also: Facebook account hacked? Here’s how to report a compromised FB account and recover it easily
How to Change Facebook Password on Mobile
Changing Facebook password on mobile takes very few steps, here is how to do it.
- Open the Facebook app on your smartphone.
- Go to the Menu option in the lower right corner. Scroll down and go to the “Settings and privacy” menu, a drop-down menu will appear.
- Click on Settings and tap on the “Passwords & Security” option.
- Scroll down to the login option and you will find the “Change password” option, tap on it.
- It will ask you to fill in your current and new password, retype the new password and click on the “Update Password” button. Your new password will be activated.
You can use the new password to log in to new devices.
Also Read: Facebook Video Download: How to Download Facebook Video, Online Reels on Android, iOS Mobiles, Laptop
How to Reset Facebook Password
Forgot your Facebook password? Follow the instructions to reset your Facebook password.
- Open https://www.facebook.com/ and make sure you are not logged into any account
- Click on the “Forgot password” option and you will be asked to enter the email address or mobile number associated with the account.
- Once completed, click the Search button and Facebook will search for your account.
- Click “This is my account” if the account displayed is yours.
- Now Facebook will confirm your account. He can send you a reset code or a security code by SMS or by mail. Fill it out and click Continue.
- Once verified, it will ask you to set a new password.
- Click Continue to set the new password.
Once the new password is activated, you can use it to log in to your account.
Tips for Creating a Strong Password for Facebook
Also read: Deactivate Facebook: How to temporarily deactivate a Facebook account and reactivate it
Creating a strong password is important to protect your account. Otherwise, setting a weak password will make it easy for others to guess the password and gain access to the account. Facebook has listed some tips for you to strengthen your account password. Here’s how to create a strong password for your Facebook account.
- Your password should be easy for you to remember, but hard for others to guess.
- Your Facebook password should be different from the passwords you use to log into other accounts, such as your email address or bank account.
- Set a longer password as it is more secure.
- Don’t set your password to be your email address, phone number, or date of birth.
- Mix upper and lower case letters to create a strong password.
- You can mix numbers and letters with a special character to strengthen your password.
We hope this article will be useful to you. If you have any problems changing or resetting your Facebook password, you can ask us in the comments section below.
Thanks for reading till the end of this article. For more informative and exclusive technical content, like our Facebook page