Did you know that Facebook collects over 32 different types of data from its users? Scary, right? If you are someone like me who is very concerned about their privacy and search histories, you have landed in the perfect place. In this reading, I demonstrated four effective ways to delete facebook search history on PC, Android and iPhone. Moreover, you can check out these 11 hidden settings on Facebook to make it safer for you.
Ways to Delete Facebook Search History
Delete Facebook Search History on PC
If you are browsing Facebook using your PC or desktop and want to clear your search history, you can follow these 2 effective methods to achieve the same result.
Using the search bar
1. Open Facebook in a new tab of your web browser and click on the search bar located next to the Facebook logo in the upper left corner.
2. Next, click on the Edit button to manage all searches.
3. You can now see the chronological list of all search terms on this page. Click on the three points next to the individual search you want to delete and press the Wipe off option.
4. Alternatively, you can click on the Clear searches button at the top to delete all search history from your Facebook account.
Using Facebook Settings
In addition to the search bar method, you can also delete the search history of your Facebook account by going to its settings. Here’s how:
1. Click on your profile icon in the upper right corner to access ‘Settings and privacy.
2. Then click on Settings to set up your Facebook account.
3. Expand the ‘Your Facebook information‘ in the left sidebar and click the icon See in front of the Activity Log option.
4. Then click on Search history to see all the searches you’ve done on your Facebook account.
5. Here you can click on the Clear searches in the upper right corner to delete all search history.
6. You can also click the three-dot icon to delete a search term individually.
Delete Facebook Search History on Android Phones
Similar to PC, you can delete selective or complete search history from your Facebook account using your Android phone. Here’s how:
1. Open the Facebook app and tap the Look for icon located in the upper right corner.
2. Next, press the See everything button to view your entire Facebook search history.
3. Next, tap the X icon next to an individual Facebook search to delete it.
4. You can also press the Erase everything in the upper right corner to delete your entire Facebook search history.
5. Alternatively, tap the three-bar icon under the Messenger shortcut and tap the button Equipment icon to access your account settings.
6. Scroll down to locate the Activity Save and expand the “Recorded actions and other activities” section on the next page by pressing the down arrow button.
7. Click the Search history option and tap the “Clear Searches” button to delete your entire Facebook search history.
Clear Facebook Search History on iPhones
1. Press the Menu tab in the lower right corner and press the Equipment on the next page to access your account settings.
2. Scroll down to locate the Activity Log under the “Your Information” section.
3. Next, tap the down arrow next to “Recorded actions and other activities” and tap Search history to configure it.
4. Press the three points next to an individual Facebook search to delete it.
5. Alternatively, you can press the Clear searches button to delete all your Facebook search history.
6. Similarly, you can tap the search icon on your home page to remove all searches by tapping the erase everything button.
Delete Facebook Activity Search History on Smartphones
Along with your search history, Facebook keeps track of all your activity on your account, including likes, comments, shares, and more. If you want to take control and remove some of your activity from your account, you can do so with these easy steps:
1. Tap the three-bar menu to locate the gear icon to access your account settings.
2. Scroll down to tap Activity Log to configure it.
3. Next, swipe down to locate and tap the View activity history button.
4. You can now view a chronological list of all your Facebook activity on your account.
5. To delete an activity, tap the three-dot icon and tap the Undo/Dislike/Delete possibility of deleting your action.
Bonus Tip: Delete Watched or Searched Videos on Facebook Profile
If you watch a lot of videos on Facebook and don’t want anyone else to find your viewing history, you can delete it easily by following these simple steps:
1. Access Activity Log under “Your information section” in your Facebook settings.
2. Scroll down and expand “Recorded actions and other activities”.
3. Tap the ‘Videos you watched‘ to display a list of all your watched Facebook videos in chronological order.
4. Next, tap the three-dot icon next to a watch history to delete it by tapping the wipe off button.
5. Similarly, you can delete your video search history by going to ‘Videos you searched for‘ option.
Q1: Can I delete Facebook search history on Android phones?
YesYou can easily delete selective or complete search history from your Facebook account on Android phones by following the steps listed above.
Q2: How do I clear Facebook search suggestions?
You can either use the search bar or access Account settings to clear your Facebook search suggestions.
Q3: Can you clear Facebook search suggestions without logging into your account?
Nopeyou cannot clear your Facebook search suggestions without logging into your account.
Q4: How long does “recent searches” stay on Facebook?
Facebook keeps a complete history of all your profile activity for as long as your account exists. You can view them in chronological order by accessing your account settings.
Q5: Can I recover Facebook search history once deleted?
Once your search history is deleted, you can find them for a limited time in the Trash section. However, if you have already emptied your Trash, there is no way to recover your previous search results.
Recap: Solving Numerical Problems
So, that’s it for the top 4 ways to delete Facebook search history on your profile on different devices. If this explainer has helped you protect your privacy on Facebook, hit the like button and share this read with your loved ones to make them aware of these clever methods. Subscribe to GadgetstToUse for more informative tips and tricks.
You might be interested in:
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Groupor for the latest review videos, subscribe GadgetsToUse Youtube Channel.